Updated: Tuesday 30 June 2020
We will reopen to the public on Sunday 5 July under new strict health and safety measures which adhere to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines. In reopening, our top priority is keeping our staff, our animals and our visitors as safe as possible.
Book your ticket by telephoning us on 028 9077 6277. If you book a ticket online, you must also telephone us to arrange a visiting time slot. Visitors who arrive without a booked time slot will be denied entry.
Belfast Zoo Outdoor Trek
We hope that our visitors enjoy returning to our beautiful, 52-acre Cave Hill grounds, seeing our resident animals and reconnecting with nature through our newly created “Belfast Zoo Outdoor Trek”.
With wide walkaways throughout the site and large open areas, we have implemented a number of new health and safety precautions so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone.
Some of these precautions include:
- Visitor numbers limited to 1000 per day
- All visitors must book tickets in advance for specific 15-minute entry time slots to manage numbers safely
- Visitors must follow a one-way system which is clearly marked
- Floor markings illustrate 2-metre distances to manage queues
- Protective screening is in place at all contact points
- Many indoor animal areas remain closed
- Keeper talks and animal feeding times are temporarily unavailable
- Zoo café will offer takeaway options and contactless payment only
- All picnic benches and seating have been removed
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the zoo site
For more information and details on our full safety measures, please read our frequently asked questions (FAQs):
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Belfast Zoo open to the public again?
Yes, Belfast Zoo is open to all visitors. Tickets to attend must be purchased in advance. You must telephone the zoo before arriving, to arrange an allocated time slot for your visit. It is free for members to attend, however they also must book a time slot in advance.
2. How do I purchase a ticket?
Tickets are available to purchase online or by telephoning the zoo on 028 9077 6277.
3. What happens to my Belfast Zoo membership now that you have been closed?
Your ongoing support as a member is important to us, and we would like to suspend any lost time and add this onto your expiry date now that we have re-opened. If you have a specific question regarding your membership, we would ask that you email us: email@example.com.
4. I bought web tickets, what should I do?
Your web tickets are valid for use until 31 March 2021, however you must book a time slot before arriving by telephoning the zoo.
5. What precautions are Belfast Zoo taking?
The health and safety of our visitors, staff and animals is always our number one priority and we are taking every measure to ensure this. The following precautions have been put in place.
6. What are the zoo’s opening hours?
We are operating two sessions per day:
10.00am – 1.30pm (last admission 11.30am)
2.30pm – 6.00pm (last admission 4.00pm)
All tickets must be bought in advance and will be allocated a 15-minute time slot within which guests must arrive at the zoo. If you do not arrive within your allocated time slot you will not be permitted to enter. This is to ensure we abide by all COVID-19 guidelines.
7. What areas within Belfast Zoo are closed?
The majority of our indoor animal houses are closed for health and safety reasons. Our Lion’s Den Restaurant is closed, however our Tree Top Tearoom is offering a takeaway service with contactless payment only. Our outdoor children’s playpark is also closed. Some areas of the zoo have also been closed for your health and safety.
8. Is there any reason why I should not visit the zoo?
Please do not visit the zoo if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Please follow the official advice given at www.health-ni.gov.uk/coronavirus.
9. Are the toilet facilities open?
There are toilets at both ends of the zoo that will be open – one near the entrance/exit and the other at the top of the zoo beside the Treetop Tearoom. These are cleaned regularly throughout the day.
10. Are the cafes open?
Our Lion’s Den Restaurant is closed, however our Treetop Tearoom is open and operating a takeaway service with contactless payment only. In order to maintain physical distancing, the following precautions have been put in place:
- Contactless payment only – no cash will be accepted
- Reusable takeaway cups cannot be accepted at this time
- Takeaway packaging must be disposed of in the allocated bin stations throughout the zoo (these are marked on the map)
11. Are the picnic tables available for use?
No. As a health and safety precaution, all picnic benches and seating areas are unavailable for use.
12. How can I check my membership status or renew my membership?
All membership cards will be checked on arrival at the zoo. If you are unsure of your current membership status or wish to renew, please contact us in advance of your visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 028 9077 6277. We kindly ask that members who wish to renew their membership do this prior to their visit, in order to avoid delays in the queue.
13. Can I visit the zoo if I am not a member?
Yes, the zoo is open to all visitors but everyone must book tickets and an arrival time slot in advance. If you would like to sign up for a membership, please visit here.
14. Is the zoo’s gift shop open?
Yes, our gift shop is open and has a one-way system in place. We will also be limiting the number of people who can enter at one time. Please note that contactless payment is required and that no cash will be accepted.
15. Can I book an animal experience?
All animal experiences at Belfast Zoo are temporarily on hold. If you have any queries, please contact the team on email@example.com.
Have another question?
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns that have not been answered in our FAQs.